Practicum in LMS: LM 5210
The LMS Practicum is to provide you with a supervised field experience in school library. The purpose is to gain meaningful work experience through applying knowledge learned in previous course work to the on-the-job situation. Commitment includes 120 hours (90 hours at one level, 30 hours at an alternate level).
Please make sure that your mentor has these two forms.
- Pass Library Media Exam (you will be provided with the questions and answers for studying prior to the exam).
- Coordinate final plans with PSU Advisor (Pam Harland) and Mentor to complete your ePortfolio.
- Complete Student Learning Project, log of hours, and Reflective Essay.
- Develop and deliver a Professional Development presentation.
- Complete the LMS Practicum Evaluation Form with your mentor.
- Choose a mentor to work with. Find someone who is willing to work with you for one semester on gaining the practical knowledge of serving as a LMS in a school. If you need help finding a mentor, I may be able to help. Once you select a mentor, let me know who it is.
- Complete the Placement Confirmation for your 90 hour placement and send it to me.
- Register for a 3 credit practicum: LM 5210. You will need my digital signature to approve your internship. Let me know before you register and I will sign-off on it.
For more information about the LMS Program, please contact:
Plymouth State University, Department of Education Leadership Learning & Curriculum